What is Laptop? Have you ever used Laptop? If yes then maybe you have information about it. But if not then there is no need to panic, because today through this article we will know what is a laptop computer and what are its main components?
Due to the development of the latest technology, it has greatly improved our lives and the people of the present generation are taking full advantage of this technology. In today’s time, humans are completely dependent on technology and are completing all their work with these latest available machines and gadgets. For example, we use Cars, Planes, Trains to cover long distances. At the same time, we use mobile phones or telephones to communicate with others. In this way your official work. Or we use computers to do any other work of ours. Whereas Desktop Computer is now becoming old things because it stays in one place and it has difficulty in moving it from one place to another. Laptops were invented to solve this problem.
These Laptops and Tablets started providing the features of Portability and Mobility to the people so that people no longer have to depend much on the Desktop. Together they can use laptops anywhere and anytime. That’s why today I thought that why don’t you guys have a laptop, how is it used and what are its advantages, like providing much information through this article of yours. So that you also get information about this type of computer. So without delay let’s start and know what is this laptop.
What is Laptop?
This laptop is a type of computer, which we also call a notebook computer. It is a battery or AC-powered personal computer that is generally small in size (smaller than a briefcase), can be easily carried from one place to another and can be used conveniently. It has temporary spaces such as airplanes, libraries, temporary offices, and even meetings.
The weight of a laptop is typically less than 3 kilos, its thickness is 2 to 3 inches. By the way, now its size and thickness have also started decreasing significantly. Now many manufacturers of laptop computers have come into the market such as IBM, Apple, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Acer, ASUS, etc.
Talking about the cost of laptop computers, then it is very high as compared to desktop computers of the same capabilities and features. This is because it is very difficult to design and manufacture Laptops.
The displays used in laptops use thin-screen technology. This thin film transistor or active matrix screen is very bright and its views are very good from different angles if we compare it with STN or dual-scan screen. Laptops use many different approaches to integrate the mouse into the keyboard, including a touchpad. There is also a serial port that allows a regular mouse to be attached. There is also a PC Card which is insertable hardware to add a modem or network interface card to the laptop. Apart from this, CD-ROM and DVD (digital versatile disc) drives can also be built-in or attached.
Related Post: Will Apple scan every image on the iPhone iOS 15?
What are the components of a laptop?
Although there are many components of a laptop, here we will know only about some important components.
This Central Processing Unit (CPU) is the controlling component of the Laptop Computer. Processor speed is measured in gigahertz (GHz). Multi-core processors have more than one core in the same chip. Speed ratings of these processors indicate the speed of each core. The higher the speed and the more cores are present in the laptop processor, then the more tasks that the laptop will be able to do simultaneously.
This hard drive is the memory storage of any laptop. A larger size hard drive allows users to install more programs and larger programs and it also saves more files. Hard drives in today’s high-performance laptop computers have a lot of storage space. Such as 2TB, 4TB Hard drives. A typical hard drive runs at 5,400 rpm, but you can also use a 7,200 or even 10,000 rpm hard drive if you need hard drives with a performance boost.
Random-access memory (RAM) is a very important component that helps the laptop to run faster. With more RAM, a computer can run more programs simultaneously. Where a web-browsing laptop will work with only 2 GB of RAM, an entertainment laptop needs 4 to 8 GB of RAM.
Laptop screens use thin liquid crystal display (LCD) screens. You get the clearest picture in native resolution on your laptop display, which is the same resolution in which the image matches the exact number of pixels of the screen. The higher the native resolution of the laptop screen, the more detailed the picture quality will be.
The laptop has an optical drive, its DVD or CD drive. In most new laptops, these DVD + / – RW drives come pre-installed, which are also called burners, its job is to read and write blank DVDs and CDs in all formats. These are very handy to take backup of our important files or data. Some laptops do not even have optical drives because this saves both the space and weight of that laptop. But you can see it in most.
The number of external ports varies from one laptop to another. By the way, there are some USB ports in all. You may need a VGA port if you want to connect a separate monitor or projector. Some laptops also feature separate memory card slots for MMC and SD cards.
With an Ethernet port, you can connect to a network via an Ethernet cable. Wireless connections, which use a wireless-G or wireless-N signal, are often universal for newer laptops.
These are also called graphics cards; video cards generate graphics in your laptop display. All laptop CPUs have a graphics controller, which allows the computer to display basic video and graphics. A video card is but an additional device that takes over the load from the processor so that it helps the laptop to run smoothly and quickly when users are playing movies or games. Some video cards have their system memory, which makes them faster, and provides more seamless performance.
What is the relation between Laptop and Tablet?
By the way, there are many relationships between Laptop and Tablet, whether there is a similarity between these two or even there are differences between these two.
Let us first know about similarities
- Both these tablet devices and laptop computers are types of computers that can perform many similar tasks such as browsing websites, sending e-mail messages to someone, and writing papers.
- At the same time, both the devices are very portable which can be easily carried from one place to another.
- Both these devices are very sensitive, so great care should be taken while carrying both of them.
Let us first know about the dissimilarities
- A laptop is a very portable computer. This means that you can get all the features of a desktop in it, but its size is small, due to which you can take it anywhere. At the same time, a tablet computer is also very small, but it provides more and better portability, which has fewer features and options. In this, the touch screen display, its battery, display, and circuitry are all in a single unit.
- While laptops are a bit thick and heavy, tablets are not too thick or heavy. Together they are more portable than laptops.
- Where a laptop has a physical keyboard, a tablet does not have a physical keyboard. There is only one touch screen in this, in which you can do all the functions of the keyboard. Whereas Laptop has a trackpad in place of a mouse, whereas Tablet does not have any such touchpad. Everything can be controlled from the screen.
- If I talk about the battery, then the battery of the laptop gets exhausted sooner than a tablet. This is because laptops have more RAM as well as can do many heavy tasks, which require more battery, while tablets do not have such big operations, due to which there is no more usage of batteries.
- Laptops have CD and DVD (Optical Drive), whereas these options are not available on Tablets.
- Hardware can be upgraded in laptops, such as RAM, Hard Drive, etc. Whereas there is no facility to upgrade hardware in tablets.
- If we talk about prices, then laptops are more expensive than tablets.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Laptop?
Let us know about the advantages of laptops.
- Portable Device: They are very portable. Due to which they can be easily carried from one place to another.
- It has Long Battery Life: Laptops have a very long battery life, due to which they can be used for a long time even without a power supply. This comes in very handy, especially during travel. Also, the battery life of a normal laptop is 3 hours.
- Are of small size: If we compare it with the desktop, then the size of these laptops is small, but in this also all the work that we do on the desktop can be done. Due to its small size, it can be easily carried in offices, schools, colleges.
- No Keyboard or Mouse Required: Since it has an inbuilt keypad in which you can work as a mouse. There is also a built-in keyboard. For this external mouse or keyboard is not required.
- Internal Speakers: It also has Internal Speakers. So that there is no need for you to take the external speaker anywhere.
- WIFI and Bluetooth: It also has the facility of WIFI and Bluetooth, due to which you can easily use the Internet and transfer files from one device to another.
- It has a Built-in Webcam: Users need an external Webcam in the Desktop. At the same time, there is already an integrated webcam on the laptop, so we do not need an external camera. With this, we can easily do video calling.
- Low Power Requirement: If we compare it with a Desktop then Laptop has a low power requirement. This will reduce your electricity bill.
- Entertainment: All devices are already built in this, so whether it is education, music, movies, or pictures, you can use laptops for everything, that too with ease. It is used according to an entertaining gadget.
Let us know about the disadvantages of laptops.
- Expensive: Laptops are more expensive than other computers. Because you can easily get the desktop of the same configuration at low prices.
- This is also not right for our health: When it comes to our health, then everything comes later. Excessive use of laptops has a bad effect on our health, such as in our eyesight, hands, feet, backbone, etc. Also, we have the possibility of getting many diseases.
- Difficulty in repairing: Since all the things are installed inside the laptop itself, it is not much easier to repair as compared to desktop. In addition, its components are also more expensive. Apart from this, due to the difficulty in repairing, the computer expert can charge you more.
- It can be easily stolen: Since these electronic devices are very portable, they can be stolen very easily. While portability is also an advantage, it is also a big disadvantage for its security.
- Customization and Upgradability: It is very difficult to customize these devices and upgrade their hardware. For this, we may need another computer expert.
- Their technology gets old very soon: As we know that technology is getting upgraded day by day. In such a situation, if you buy a new laptop today, then in the coming few months a new upgraded version of it will be available in the market. Also, the laptop you buy will become cheaper and its technology is also old.
- It can become a focal point of distraction: It has been seen many times that students use laptops less for studies and more for entertainment purposes. Like in this they listen to songs, watch movies, etc. This wastes their valuable time. And due to which work numbers come in their studies.
- Chances of its damage are many: Since it is an electronic device, so if any juice, water, tea, syrup, etc. accidentally falls in it, then it can damage the laptop immediately. Along with this, care has to be taken in taking it from one place to another, otherwise, it can also cause damage to this device.
Related Post: Best Budget Pro Wireless gaming controller
I hope that you must have liked my article What is Laptop. It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information to the readers about what is a laptop computer so that they do not have to search any other sites or internet in the context of that article. This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then you can write low comments for this. If you liked this post about what happens from the laptop or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter, etc.